The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are intended for exceptional Indians who wish to enroll in a master’s program at particular American institutions and universities. This is one of the few scholarships Indian students can benefit from to study at their dream university.
What is a Fulbright Nehru Fellowship?
Fulbright Nehru fellowships are available to highly motivated people who exhibit leadership skills, have earned the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in the United States, have at least three years of professional job experience, and are determined to return to their home countries and give back to their communities. The fellowships cover one to two years.
Subjects Covered Under Fellowship:
Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies, Economics, Environmental Science/Studies, Higher Education Administration, International Affairs, International Legal Studies, Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Administration, Public Health, Urban and Regional Planning, and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies etc.
- Support for obtaining a J-1 visa
- Round-trip economy class plane travel from the fellow’s city to the host school in the U.S.
- Assistance for tuition and fees, living expenses, and accident & illness insurance by the U.S. Government regulations included in the fellowship.
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships do not financially support dependents.
- Applicants must hold a full-time postgraduate diploma or a completed master’s degree from an accredited Indian school with a minimum grade point average of 55% (if an undergraduate degree is fewer than four years)
- Three years of paid, full-time employment in a field related to the intended field of study as of the application deadline.
- Exhibit leadership and volunteerism expertise.
- Not be enrolled in a U.S. degree program or hold another degree from a U.S. university.
- Applications must be submitted online
- Please review the FNMaster’s Applicant Instructions before starting your online application.
- Please refer to FNMaster’s Applicant Checklist before applying.
- Provide information on language skills, study plan, personal statement, university preference, etc.
- In addition, you must complete FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure and FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable) and upload them on your online application.
- The field-specific experts review applications
- Short-listed candidates are Interviewed in Delhi
- USIEF notifies the principal and alternate nominees for taking tests such as TOEFL & GRE
- USIEF forwards applications for approval and placement
- Finalists are notified
- Training in the USA (Pre-academic)
- Degree program Starts
Terms & Conditions of GRANT
- There is no financial support available for dependents under the fellowship.
- After finishing their master’s program or research, the applicant must return to work in their country.
- Once the study is finished, which can take up to two years, the fellowship’s benefits will not be continued.
- If not specified, applications for the Fulbright-Nehru fellowship must be filed online.
- Only the Fulbright-Nehru category is open to the applicant for fellowships.
- No application received after the deadline will be considered.
- It is not possible to extend or transfer visa sponsorship.
- Application form plagiarism will result in disqualification.
Why is the Fulbright Nehru Fellowship right for you?
Therefore, The Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship promotes cross-cultural understanding, academic excellence, and international collaboration.
By facilitating the exchange of scholars, researchers, and educators between the two nations, the program contributes to advancing knowledge, strengthening diplomatic ties, and developing global leaders.
It allows individuals to immerse themselves in diverse academic environments, learn from different perspectives, and forge lasting connections that can positively impact their careers and the broader society.
To learn more about such scholarship opportunities, visit the AdmitX website.