Those looking for a dynamic, cutting-edge education in the field of data analytics have a compelling chance to pursue a Master in Data Science in the USA.
Table of Contents
Why study Data Science?
The change in this dynamic world and the shift towards AI and technology have increased the importance of careers in data science. The USA, promoting research and tech opportunities, has been ranked in the Top 100s with its various universities in the field of data science and technology. The global exposure, scope of exceptional research, and high-paying opportunities have led to the rise in the brand value of Data Science from the USA among students.
Also read – Job Opportunities after MSBA abroad
- Duration: Typically 12-24 months
- Entry Level: Suitable for recent graduates with a background in computer science, statistics, engineering, or related fields.
- Curriculum: Majorly focuses on advancing skills relating to data analysis, statistics, machine learning, problem-solving, and interpretation.
- Work Experience: Limited work experience in data science is required by many universities and elevates the chance of acceptance even with low GRE scores.
- Career Focus: Roles such as Analytics Engineer, Statistician, and Data Scientist in diverse industries.
- Cost of Studying: typically forms a range of $25,000 to $100,000 per annum (approx.) for Indian students.
Also read – Study in USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Yale University
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- Harvard University
- University of Washington
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech
- Princeton University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Cornell University
- Stanford University
Also read – Best B-Schools without GMAT
MS in Data Science: USA vs UK vs Europe
|typically 12-24 months
|Usually 12-18 months
|Majorly focuses on advancing skills relating to data analysis, statistics, machine learning, problem-solving, and interpretation.
|focuses on machine learning , artificial intelligence and advanced optimization of models.
|Strong ties with major tech and research hubs like Silicon Valley.
|Connections with industry giants like IBM Canada, and Deloitte prove to be beneficial.
|Abundant opportunities due to the presence of leading tech corporates and diverse industries.
|Ample of opportunities in the field of technology, finance , healthcare & government .
|Cost of Studying
|typically forms a range of $25,000 to $100,000 per annum
|approximately between CAD 20,000 and CAD 40,000 per annum
|other countries to pursue data science :
|UK ,Europe, Australia
Careers after MS in Data Science
Here are some of the job opportunities after a master in data science from the USA :
- Data Scientist: As a Data Scientist, one has to work on data collection, model evaluation, and deployment while monitoring and maintaining these models.
- Market Research Analyst: One needs to understand the market trends and work strategically while planning and focusing on product development & marketing strategies.
- Supply Chain Analyst: As a supply chain analyst, you will optimize the flow of goods & services in a company’s supply chain while analyzing inventory levels, costs, and schedules.
- Statistician: Work in the fields of finance, medicare, research, and analyze and interpret data regarding the same.
- Machine Learning Engineer: Master the art of designing and implementing machine learning, creating algorithms, and training them for specific tasks.
MS in Data Science without GRE
Several universities in the USA have wiped out the requirement for a GRE in Master in Data Science. This indicates their motive regarding the recognition of diverse measures of academic potential. Universities look towards a compelling academic record, LOR & personal statement with a great command of programming.
It leads to the opportunity of onboarding students with exceptional tech skills as the candidates are evaluated comprehensively based on their academic performance, tech skillset, personality, and a strong statement of purpose.
Some of the universities that offer MS in Data Science without GRE :
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Tufts University-Boston
- Johns Hopkins University
- Brown University-Providence
- Yale University
Also read- GRE A complete guide
Why MS in Data Science from the USA?
The USA, being one of the largest technology hubs in the world, has some of the top recruiters and IT titans in data science. One of the biggest reasons to do a master’s in Data Science from the USA is its cutting-edge research infrastructure along with an intensive academic program and curriculum.
Even the average basic pay is higher than what many top qualifications pay after years of training, which makes it a desirable degree to pursue in the USA. With a boost in AI and tech, more & more jobs will be created in this sector in the next few years, and the demand for MS in Data Science will substantially rise.
If you are an aspirant looking to study at your dream university, book an appointment with AdmitX today and start your applications early to avail yourself of all the benefits.
Also read- USA Medicare for Indian Students