University College London (UCL) offers a distinguished program called the UCL India Excellence Scholarship to help Indian students with exceptional academic records pursue full-time Master’s degrees.
The fellowship was established to bolster UCL’s ties to India and to highlight the university’s commitment to supporting global diversity and academic success.
Amount: £5,000 (for a full year)
Accessible to: Potentially pursuing postgraduate education scholars
Selection criteria: GPA for a bachelor’s degree and the current or prior institution of study’s NIRF ranking
Eligible fees: overseas
Eligible Programs: All postgraduate taught programs are eligible, with the exception of distance learning programs.
Deadline: Thursday, February 29, 2024, at 5 p.m. BST
Applicants need to meet each of the following requirements:
- Be eligible to pay the overseas tuition rate; have a permanent address in India
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an institution listed in the top 100 of the Government of India’s National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- Have a bachelor’s degree GPA equivalent to a first-class degree in the UK;
- Submit a complete admission application (including references) by Thursday, February 29, 2024, for a full-time Master’s program at UCL.
Note that students must be physically present at UCL in the UK to be eligible for this fund; distance learning options are not.
Value, Benefits & Length of Scholarship
- Up to 33 scholarships will be awarded in 2024–2025.
- The grant has a value of £5,000.
- The scholarship is only valid for a single year unless the full-time program lasts for two years. In that scenario, 50% of the scholarship will be awarded annually.
- The UCL India Excellence Scholarship may be used in conjunction with other grants, prizes, scholarships, or studentships. The UCL award amount may change depending on the overall amount of additional funding the student receives.
- Recipients of scholarships are required to notify the UCL Student Funding Office right away of any additional funding—either before or after the UCL India Excellence Scholarship—that they receive for their Master’s degree studies at UCL.
- The scholarship will be used to cover the recipient’s tuition costs in full; any remaining funds will be paid to the recipient for maintenance over the course of the academic year in three equal installments.
How to apply?
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have submitted a complete UCL admissions application, which includes reference submissions.
On the basis of their application for admission to their course of study, applicants will be automatically taken into consideration. This scholarship does not have its own application.
The application deadline is February 29, 2024, at 5 p.m. BST.
Academic achievement is the criterion used to award the scholarship. The NIRF ranking of the university and the final or current GPA from the bachelor’s degree will be used to screen applicants.
The information provided in the application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2024–2025 will be taken into consideration when making the final decision.
Successful candidates for 2024/25 will be notified in mid-May 2024.
If you are an aspirant looking to study at your dream university, book an appointment with AdmitX today and start your applications early to avail yourself of all the benefits.
Also read- 11 Best Motivational Books for Students