Best Books for IELTS
Preparing for the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam requires a combination of study materials, including books.
Here are some of the best books to help you prepare for the IELTS exam:
1. “The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS” by Pauline Cullen, Amanda French, and Vanessa Jakeman:
This book is developed by the creators of the IELTS exam and provides comprehensive test preparation and practice material.
2. “Barron’s IELTS Superpack” by Lin Lougheed:
This comprehensive pack includes the “Barron’s IELTS” book, two audio CDs, and a bonus manual with advice and practice questions.
3. “IELTS Practice Tests” by Peter May:
This book offers a series of full-length IELTS practice tests with detailed explanations and answer keys.
4. “The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS for Academic and General Training” by Pauline Cullen and Amanda French:
This book includes practice tests and covers both the Academic and General Training modules of the IELTS exam.
5. “Barron’s IELTS with MP3 CD” by Lin Lougheed:
This book comes with an MP3 CD containing audio for listening and speaking practice, along with test strategies and sample questions.
6. “IELTS Super Prep” by Kaplan:
A comprehensive guide for IELTS preparation with in-depth strategies, practice tests, and detailed answer explanations.
7. “IELTS Trainer” by Cambridge English:
This book offers six full practice tests with step-by-step guidance and additional tips for achieving a higher score.
8. “Collins English for IELTS” by Anneli Williams:
This series includes self-study books for each IELTS module, providing practice material and strategies.
9. “Cambridge IELTS” series:
Published by Cambridge University Press, this series offers a collection of actual IELTS past exam papers, including answers and audio CDs.
10. “Target Band 7: IELTS Academic Module – How to Maximize Your Score” by Simone Braverman:
This book provides practical strategies and tips to improve your IELTS score.
Remember that while books are a valuable part of your IELTS preparation, it’s also essential to practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English as much as possible.
Additionally, taking official IELTS practice tests and seeking feedback can help you gauge your progress and identify areas where you need improvement.
If you are an aspirant looking to study at your dream university, book an appointment with AdmitX today and start your applications early to avail yourself of all the benefits.
Also read- 11 Best Motivational Books for Students